Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Drag Teen

Drag Teen by Jeffery Self

“Honestly, though, my dreams never really went much further than the simple hope of getting out of Florida, away from my family, and to somewhere where I could be myself without a single second thought.”

“This fit into my theory about people with effortless abs and how they must have done something really selfless in a past life— those abs had to be God’s way of saying Psssst … Hey, you! I’m sorry.”

“It means embracing yourself enough that you allow me to fully embrace you too.”

“What Heather lacked in confidence she made up for in boob size.”

“I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. My father was comparing my future to that of a man named Pooter.”

“But you can’t expect Robin Hood to understand that even good deeds lead to a feeling of indebtedness.”

“It wasn’t really the place itself but the atmosphere, the little universe housed within its four walls.”

“Drag is armor, darling. No matter how you look at it.”

“It’s like RuPaul says: If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else?”

“...but all that talk from those famous gay people saying it gets better is horseshit unless you put in the effort.”

“Sometimes the people you love the most are the most difficult for you to be around, because they see right through your crap and don’t mind telling you.”

“Naw,” I said. “At the end of the day, we’re all just a bunch of freaks trying to pass for normal. And I reckon, it turns out, there is no such thing.”

“It was like I was about to meet all these people I knew existed in theory but never thought I’d get to meet— my imaginary friends, come to life.”

“Why isn’t it possible to just hold up a sign that says exactly how you’re feeling without having to say it?”

“Now I had to take it. The chance, not the wig. Well, actually, both.”

“And while basic bitches sometimes win a contest or two, they rarely win at life.”

“We all have crap we bury; some of us have better shovels than others.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)