Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Afterworlds

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“But traveling alone made me nervous even before I could see ghosts.”

“Hiding from the truth was worse than being lied to.”

“Somehow reducing her book to a single phrase made talking about it less paralyzing. It gave Darcy a feeling of control, like knowing Rumpelstiltskin’s name.”

“But books don’t happen by accident.”

“They were small people with a small worldview, and I was learning how to enter a whole new reality. Forget them.”

“Terrorists with machine guns frighten me. You’re just pissing me off. I was trying to sleep.”

“Maybe his lips cured everything.”

“Just remember, the things we write, they aren’t always really us.”

“Everything changes when you take a life.”

“Just consider this, Darcy—real life doesn’t have many happy endings. Why shouldn’t books make up the difference?

“But everything that sucked about life also proved that it was priceless, because otherwise all of that wouldn’t hurt so bad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)