Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - Quick Fix

Quick Fix by Linda Grimes

The first sentence from each chapter of Quick Fix, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Provided by the publisher for review



Decapitation, I thought the second time the hand landed on my butt.”


“I watched out of the corner of my eye as Billy’s mouth sculpted a large mound of raspberry sherbet into a smaller mound, his tongue flicking over the frozen pink confection, lapping at drips along the side of the cone as necessary.”


“Orangutans have the sweetest eyes.”


“Molly did try to get out,” I said later, once we were in my condo, shielded from the prying eyes of the world.”


“He knew I was watching.”


“James stared at Molly.”


“James’s lab was straight out of a sci-fi movie.”


“I pounded on the lab door, breathless from my run.”


“Thomas met me at the police station.”


“Never, ever trust an ape.”


“No way was I going to let Brian stay in jail overnight.”


“A big man in a black suit (must have been the CIA watchdog Harvey had been waiting for) supervised an orderly wheeling Laura’s bed into the next elevator over as Thomas and I exited ours.”


“James’s apartment is one of my favorite places in the world.”


“After a few minutes of gentle caresses and quiet endearments, Billy excused himself and went to the restroom.”


“I was a woman on a mission: to avoid my mother for as long as possible, because once she had me, I was stuck until after the party.”


“You can’t walk into a party with an orangutan on your hip and not be the center of attention.”


“Dad had fixed up the basement ages ago to look like an Irish pub.”


“Oh.”


“Ciel, pick up!”


“Brian was remarkably sanguine about seeing me push a baby stroller into the club.”


“James didn’t open the door, not even after I started pounding on it.”


“Molly reached for the door to Herbert’s cage as soon as we were back at James’s place.”


“Half an hour later I was at Billy’s, having snuck out of James’s place.”


“Auntie Mo took the whole thing better than I thought she would.”


“Never again, Mom.”


“They were waiting on the bridge over the pond, the first spot Lumière had selected for our photo shoot that morning.


“I tore my mouth away from his and stared up into his familiar dark blue eyes, not liking what I saw there one bit.”


“I came to in the Hulk’s arms.”


“How very considerate of you, Thelma,” I said after the Hulk helped first her, then me, out of the car.”

Laura and I lounged in low lawn chairs, watching the guys—Billy, Thomas, Brian, and James—play Nerf football with Molly on the wide expanse of grass in the Sheep Meadow area of Cen-tral Park.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)