Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dauntless Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

*No Sentence Sneak Peek for this book because I barely finished it in time to send it to the next tour stop.
*Book release date - May 3, 2011
*Read this ARC via Around The World ARC Tours

Divergent gets a decidedly delightful 5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes for being just greatly written and having a female main character who is complex yet strong all at the same time.  This is one of the most intense books that I've read in a long time.  It may be almost 500 pages long but trust me you will find yourself flying through the pages embracing every edge of your seat moment.

In this world people live in factions based on virtues. The factions are Erudite, Dauntless, Abnegation, Candor and Amity. Seeing the world and these factions really make you think about what the future could end up looking like.

The main character Beatrice Pryor is of the Abnegation faction (selfless people) has a choice to make. When you turn sixteen you have to choose if you'll continue to live with the same faction or be initiated into another. Let's just says that Beatrice makes some interesting choices.

There are so many surprises in this book and this is one truly butt kicking heroine. You'll find yourself rooting for Beatrice/Tris to figure out what she wants for herself and to see how she might change the world.

This book is full of edge of your seat suspense because you never know what's going to happen next or who you can trust. This book provides a great look at a dystopian world and the characters are all well realized and will leave you drooling for the next book.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a fantastic review. I really can't wait to read this. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cheree, Thanks glad you liked it. Yeah, I highly recommend this book. It was really hard to not write any spoilers because so much happens. I can't wait until the book is released so I can buy a copy and read it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a bit about this book from around the blogosphere, and I'm definitely going to have to pick it up. Sounds VERY fresh, and I love a good female lead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kate, Yeah I would definitely buy it. Beatrice the main character is awesome and really makes you think. She makes some interesting choices and in this society of factions there may not be a real right choice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)