Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Review and My Favorite Quotes - Prince in Disguise


Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm

5 out of 5 gnomes

Feeling after Reading = Giddy with a side of happy :)

This was a perfect holiday read and well a pretty great read for any time of the year.

Scotland + Winter time + a reality show + a wedding to prepare for = a heck of an interesting ride.

The writing and chemistry of all the characters is what really drew me in and kept me reading. The familial dynamics felt true and the romantic chemistry was really on point.

From the title alone you can guesstimate more than a little bit about where the book is going. But while reading even if you can guess what’s going to happen you don’t care and are having too much fun reading and taking it all in to mind.  


Quotes to Show You What You Can’t Miss:
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“You don’t marry someone you just met. Did they not have Frozen in Scotland?”

“I was not the type of person who did well left alone with her thoughts.”

“I was happy I had finally warmed up but disturbed that I was so easy to kidnap.”

“It’s heartwarming when it involves singing crabs. Say what you will about Walt Disney, that man knew how to jazz up a real bummer of a story.”

“Hands of a baby angel is creepier. Why is the angel a baby? Why is it touching me? Am I dead? If the giant squid is touching me, I’d assume it was by accident. Like, I swam into its space.”

“We were getting good at having our own conversations outside of everyone else’s.”

“Ah, “unusual,” the even less polite cousin of the bitchy “interesting.”

“I considered it. But I also considered the possibility that you’re full of crap.”

“He raised an eyebrow. Ugh. The jealousy continued. I wished I had better control of my eyebrow muscles. Was that the kind of thing you could train for? At, like, a face gym?”

“Yes, he does, you twitchy li’l owl. It’s so obvious that even you must notice it, Miss Never-Had-a-Boyfriend.”

“Maybe you really could get high on life.”

“Damn that Princess Bride-ing mofo!”

“He wasn’t,” I hastened to explain as I scrambled over Jamie and out of the sleigh. “I mean, it was a consensual ravishing.”

“Jane Austen would have peed all over this date.” “That is a truly horrifying mental image.”

“It was at that moment I reached the horrifying conclusion that my dad had absolutely no idea who I was.”

“In America you can use anything as a verb!” I retorted shrilly, scrambling to my feet. “You can verb whatever you want! Thank the goddamn Smurfs for that!”

“Don’t judge a book by its pink cover,” I said smugly. “Now pony up.”

“So tall! A real, proper-sized girl. And those cheekbones! She’s like a Roman statue!”

“His Royal Highness Prince Gillecroids Edmund Alexander James,” he said heavily.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)