Thursday, February 16, 2017

Review - Joyride

Joyride by Anna Banks

* Read via NetGalley and checked out from the library too for review


My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“But pessimism and reality are usually mistaken for each other.”

“But I’m not being a hero. I’m just being a human.”

“I wonder if everyone else notices how weird Arden Moss actually is.”

“He sniffs. “Look, I know I’ve pissed you off worse than an alligator in a bathtub.”

“I only eat animals out of the package.”

“I don’t fall for the mob mentality.”

“How can you predict what will happen when a tsunami collides with a hurricane?”

“I’m going to have to learn to deal with his dad a little better than pulling a knife on him every time he opens his mouth.”

“That’s what I figured. Pride sticks to that girl like a skinny tick.”

4 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

Reading this story now feels horribly timely. Let's face it immigration legal or otherwise is the political fireball that isn't going away.

Carly and Arden meet under very intense circumstances. Their relationship at first is pure antagonism. This antagonism leads to an interesting friendship full of pranks.

My favorite character is Uncle Cletus, he has a major flaw sure but he's still an intriguing guy.

The characters and relationships or lack of a relationship are well done and show how crazy a family can make you.

There are a lot of deep issues to work through here for both of them. The story is fun with hints of trouble/danger throughout. The real surprise here is who the bad guy is.

Overall a good book with a really strong conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)