Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Review - Under Rose-Tainted Skies

Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall

* Read via NetGalley for review


My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m deeply concerned about my carbon footprint, but I’ve watched enough horror movies to know that when I’m home alone, I’m 98 percent less likely to die if the lights are on.”

“Why do people keep telling me to be myself? Honestly. It’s like they’ve never even met me.”

4 out of 5 gnomes

This book shows how harsh a mental illness can be. I like that the story doesn’t pull any punches and shows the good and bad days.

It’s great that her mom is in the picture and that she is so understanding of everything. I think it would have been interesting to see things from her point of view too but what we do learn is still important.

Then there’s Luke who has the whole boy next door thing going on. The slow build between him and Norah is well done. It all just comes down to understanding.

The ending was unexpected but I think it was well done. I also really liked that love doesn't magically fix everything and that it will likely be an ongoing struggle. The story does leave you with hope for the characters too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)