Thursday, January 12, 2017

Review - A List of Cages

A List of Cages by Robin Roe

* Read via NetGalley for review

2 out of 5 gnomes

This was not at all what I was expecting from the description. I thought there would be more depth to everything.

The story about Julian and Adam is okay but it feels lacking in a couple of areas. I think I wanted to know more about them. Plus they make some spectacularly bad decisions.

There is a lot of abuse in the story, so be warned it’s not exactly light reading.

The lack of communication bothered me the most, also the story seemed to be arbitrarily split into two parts for some reason.

The communication is definitely a problem because Adam seems to be really close to his mom but still can't figure out when he needs to talk to her ASAP. Plus with all the zero tolerance policies etc... around today you would like to think the school would have noticed something was wrong.

The ending was the best part of the book because it was super tense and really made you wonder what was going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)