Tuesday, November 8, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Sun Is Also a Star

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“To be clear: I don’t believe in fate. But I’m desperate.”

“I’m going to pretend my future’s wide open, and that anything can happen.”

“However, if the long shot is your only shot, then you have to take it.”

“HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT REASONABLE creatures.”

“But how can you trust something that can end as suddenly as it begins?”

“That little black notebook I saw you scribbling in, and your face. Your big, wide-open, couldn’t-fool-anybody-about-anything face says you’re going to.”

“I scour his face for a sign that he’s joking, but no— he really does believe it. Which is sweet. Also stupid. But mostly sweet.”

“If people who were actually born here had to prove they were worthy enough to live in America, this would be a much less populated country.”

“My mother, the pacifist, would kill me dead if she knew what I’d just done.”

“But I’m not dead inside either.”

“Observable Fact: I have a thing for butts.”

“The thing about falling is you don’t have any control on your way down.”

“This connection between us that we don’t understand and we don’t want to let go of? That’s God.” “Holy hell,” she exclaims. “You poet boys are dangerous.”

“Something about being with her makes me my best self.”

Happy, horny, and hopeful.

“A simple search for
Connection.
To see.
To be seen.”

“But of course, this is the problem. We already have that power over each other.”

“What a difference a day makes,” he says.”

“Even if we can’t see it, the light is still there.”

“Maybe their universe is just taking longer to form.”


His face is wide open and his world is full of love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)