Monday, November 7, 2016

Review - The Sun Is Also a Star

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

5 out of 5 gnomes

Wow, wow, wow. Nicola Yoon is definitely now an auto buy author for me now. Her writing is so vivid and it just pulls you and all of your feelings into the story. May I just say that this story was messy, beautiful, and will make you think a lot.

Natasha and Daniel are strangers that have one heck of a day when their lives intersect. This whole story will really make you wonder/contemplate happenstance and fate. The whole conflict and give and take is just very well done.

You get to see the perspective of just about every character in the story and get their background/or a history of a thing or concept.

I love that the story shows how each interaction you have with the world can profoundly change you or someone else. It shows just how connected everyone and everything really can be.

When I thought I knew where the story was going it zigged and then zagged in an even more interesting direction. Then there was that ending which put the biggest smile on my face. It pretty much capped off the whole book perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)