Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Miss Frost Saves the Sandman

Miss Frost Saves the Sandman by Kristen Painter

The first sentence from each chapter of Miss Frost Saves the Sandman, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“Tempus Sanders, aka the Sandman (yes, the Sandman) was the biggest elf I’d ever seen.”

“Hey, Olive.”

“Is that a funeral home?”

“I still needed some sugar.”

“Juniper gasped.”

“I turned to see what the sheriff was talking about.”

“Since Cooper hadn’t left yet, I told him my suspicions and that I was going home to talk to my dad about them.”

“I didn’t know what he wanted, but it didn’t sound good from the sternness of his shout.”

“Greyson was right on time to pick me up.”

Luna hadn’t made me feel this way, but then I’d met Luna in a room with several hundred other people.”

“I straightened up.”

“I love my bed.”

“Less than half an hour later, I stood in Pandora Williams’ spell room.”

“The second and final signing was twenty minutes away and everything was as ready as it could be.”

“Sanders wasn’t just happy that Luna had shown up, he was ecstatic.”

“Another signing, another success.”

“I straightened with a groan.”

“Greyson wasn’t a kidder, but I still had to ask.”

“We should call the sheriff, get something official going,” Greyson said.”

“I couldn’t just stand around doing nothing.”

“Everyone in the room swiveled to look at Lafitte.”

“Of course time was running out.”

“He answered in record time.”

“Juggling my phone while pushing the bike down the sidewalk wasn’t easy, but I managed.”

“I was breathing open-mouthed now, almost hyperventilating.

“The lights came on next, showing off the room in all its awful, morbid glory, but all I could think about was hiding.”

“Everything changed the moment my fingers wrapped around the hilt of the scythe.”

“It was good to be friendly with the people in charge.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)