Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Song of the Deep

Song of the Deep by Brian Hastings

The first sentence from each chapter of Song of the Deep, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Received from the publisher for review

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


The first light of morning is seeping through my seashell curtains.”

When I wake up, my father is already gone.”

I hurry down the cliff steps, leaping the gap without breaking my stride.”

The seafloor bends downward in front of me.”

I can no longer see the surface of the water above me.”

The glowing green eyes stare back at me amid glints of metallic gold.”

We travel down through the rocky tunnel until it opens up into a huge undersea cavern.”

I race up out of the tunnel and lean into a roll, spinning the sub upside down and out of the way as the torpedo flies past me toward the distant surface of the water.”

Swish and I continue to sail west.”

The wreckage of Skeleton Reef flies by me on either side as the current pulls me down past the twisted remains of ships and along a winding sandy riverbed.”

The gray stone walls of the tunnel fly by in a seemingly unending blur.”

The fissure extends downward, hundreds of feet below the seafloor.”

Working as fast as I can, I hammer each piece of scrap metal into shape.”

I’m enveloped in blackness now, except for the glimmer of yellow-orange glowkelp bulbs along the wall of the trench, their lights streaking by me like shooting stars.”

Wake up, Dandelion,” my father calls to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)