Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday - End Times

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  



End Times by Anna Schumacher

* Book will be released May 20, 2014


Check out the description from Barnes & Noble:

"Carbon County, Wyoming is like a current running through Daphne’s heart.  
When life gets too tough to bear in Detroit, Daphne flees to her Uncle Floyd’s home, where she believes she’ll find solace in the silent hills of her childhood summers. But

Daphne’s Greyhound bus pulls over in downtown Carbon County and it’s not silence that welcomes her. It’s the sound of trumpets.Daphne’s desire to start again in simple country comfort is instantly dashed as the townsfolk declare that the End Times are here. And incredible occurrences soon support their belief. Daphne does all she can to keep her head down and ignore the signs. She works a job at the local oil rig, helps around the house, hangs out with her pregnant cousin Janie and gets to know Owen, a mysterious motocross racer and fellow roustabout at the rig. But soon a startling discovery shatters her resolve and calls into question all her doubts and fears."


This definitely looks like my kind of book. I love it when a book has a crazy concept and a good sense of humor and this book seems to have both.

8 comments:

  1. I'm excited for end times too. I just read a review for the book and eeeep! It made me even more excited!

    http://www.lite-rate-ture.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-dissonance-by-erica-orourke/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, yeah it does look like it's going to be a good crazy kind of book. :)

      Delete
  2. I really don't love the cover, but it sounds amazing, so who cares? :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not the greatest cover but it does really sound good. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not familiar with this book. It sounds very dark and apocalyptic, but I tend to like those books.

    Grace
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks like it'll have a dark sense of humor and I'm looking forward to reading it too. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds really interesting! Great pick, hope you enjoy!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)