Monday, February 20, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Masque of the Red Death

Masque of the Red Death  by Bethany Griffin

The first sentence from each chapter of Masque of the Red Death, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so
:)
* Book will be released April 24, 2012
*
ARC read via Around The World ARC Tours

"THE CHARCOAL SKY SPITS COLD RAIN AS WE rumble to a stop at a crossroad."

"DARKNESS."

"I REST MY CHEEK AGAINST THE COOLNESS OF the glass window."

"COLD AIR MOVES ACROSS MY FACE."

"I WAS THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO BREATHE through a mask."

"THE GARDEN?"

"WINCING AT THE BITTER TASTE, I SWALLOW MY sleeping draft."

"ELLIOTT WALKS ME BACK TO PENTHOUSE B."

"T THROW OPEN THE DOOR TO ELLIOTT'S PRIVATE rooms, step inside, slam it behind me, and then stand, leaning against it, and panting slightly."

"MOTHER AND FATHER SIT ACROSS FROM EACH other, eating breakfast."

"THE DOORMAN IS BOWING AND USHERING US into the ornate foyer of the Akkadian Towers when a movement from a doorway across the street catches my attention."

"WE TALK LESS THAN USUAL THAT EVENING, aware of the guards listening just outside the door."

"A SERIES OF DISCORDANT CHIMES SUMMON US to dinner."

"ELLIOTT STOPS TO COMPOSE HIMSELF, BREATHING deeply several times before we enter the throne room."

"ELLIOTT HELPS ME OUT OF THE PRINCE'S CLOSED steam carriage and then lifts me into his open one."

"THE INTERIOR OF THE BUILDING IS LIT BY THE light that trickles through filthy windows and empty window frames."

"PAIN SHOOTS FROM MY ANKLE TO MY KNEE."

"I WAS ALONE WHEN I LEFT THE CELLAR FOR THE first time."

"BEFORE I CAN DRAW THE BREATH TO SCREAM myself, Elliott springs into action, pulling a long sword from his walking stick."

"I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU AS WELL," Father says."

"APRIL GESTURES FOR ME TO FOLLOW HER INTO a dressing alcove."

"I DON'T FIGHT."

"SEEMS THE CELEBRATION IS STARTING EARLY," Kent says."

"GET HER TO THE TUNNEL," THE MAN YELLS."

"HOURS LATER THE REVEREND MALCONTENT opens the door of my cell and gestures for me to come."

"APRIL PICKS UP THE FLASK.

"MIRACULOUSLY, I'M STILL CONSCIOUS WHEN WE reach the roof."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)