Thursday, March 22, 2018

Review and My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Wolf Lord

The Wolf Lord by Ann Aguirre

* book provided by the author for review.

5 out of 5 gnomes

Feelings After Reading - If I might borrow from a certain Tim McGraw song, "...I like it, I love it, I want some more of it." I love this series more and more with each book.

I really adore the Ars Numina world and all the different groups that are within it. There are so many intriguing personalities. Mixing the Eldrich with the Animari can get really intense. Having Thalia a princess who wants to be Queen marry Raff the pack leader of the Wolves makes for one heck of a great story. The world building of this series is so well done and you will definitely find yourself wanting to know what's going to happen next ASAP.

Digging deeper into these characters after seeing them in the other books was refreshing. They are not what I expected but even better. Thalia and Raff are an unexpected yet perfect pair. They complement each other so well even though they seem like polar opposites at first. Though there is plenty of friction and problems along the way. Politics + a political marriage+plenty of intrigue leads to a story that is steamy and full of awesomeness.

This series continues to shine and this book especially really moves the world forward.

P.S. - Now this would be the couple that I'm very interesting in seeing if they have children because I'm betting that kid would be something entirely great.

_________________________________
My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“She’s as clever as you are stupid, so keep her close.’”

I already knew this wouldn’t be easy. Doesn’t take a Seer to know that.

“If I’m good at anything, it’s reading people’s hearts. And I’m betting my life that she keeps her promises,” he said.”

Dammit all, she caught me being sincere.”

“I’m not in the habit of saying shit I don’t mean.”

“Mockery has unkindness at its heart while teasing springs from affection.”

“One may be conquered, but two can defend, back to back, joined in common cause.”

“I guess that’s my job now. No escape from the big, bad wolf.”

“Do you ever think about running away from it all?”
“Never,” she said.
“Me either. Hardly ever. Only like six or eight times a day.”

You pretend that you aren’t clever, Raff Pineda, but I find that you know what people need exceptionally well.”

“Yes, princess. Tell me a filthy bedtime story.”

“But…I’m starting to suspect that marriage to me might be hazardous to your health.”

“Such candor was a rare sort of courage, an example he should follow.”

Sure, he’d lived through no ability of his own, but picking the right mate, that was a fucking skill, too.”

“Responsibility looks good on you, wolf lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)