Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Love Interest

The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich


* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“If an oddly shaped nose is enough to get rejected, I’m sure my pale, weirdly hairy body isn’t far behind.”

“Some people,” I say, “would say if laughter is a manipulation it’s the best one there is. It makes people feel good. Who cares how that end is achieved?”

“He grins. “You know what I think? I think you’re a great actor. I know you’re lying, yet I find myself believing you. It’s truly a rare gift.

“It doesn’t matter,” I say. “She’s the hero of this story, so how I feel is irrelevant.”

“No freaking way. They’re faint, and only visible when I’m smiling, but this fact is unavoidable: they gave me dimples.”

“No one finds the love of their life while they’re a teenager.” “You haven’t read any YA novels recently, have you?”

“An informed Love Interest is an effective Love Interest.”

“Of the two of us, he’s better-looking. By a wide margin. After everything I’ve done to turn myself into the perfect Nice, he could win because of his pretty eyes and stupidly cute smile. It’s bullshit.”

“Now I know why they’re so popular. The very air of this place is delicious.”

“For the first time, I start to wonder if love is, in fact, necessary.”

“Did she just say frigging? My favorite fake swearword? Be still, my beating heart.”

“I may not be Nice, but that doesn’t make me mean.”

“What would Juliet think if she saw us side by side with our shirts off? Whose body would she prefer? I have a feeling it’d be his. I prefer his.”

Crap! I like him. Good job, brain, you can’t have him, so you decide you want him. Typical.

“I can’t help but be myself when I’m around him, and that’s dangerous.

“And if I’ve learned anything, it’s that my real feelings only hurt me.”

“Stupid feelings, making me all soft.”

Of course I like you. I like three things: Nicki Minaj, Star Wars, and you.

“We live in a world where a piece of information can kill careers or start wars.”

“My life has had so much darkness but it’s the sparks of joy, like his smile, I think of now.”

“I have one idea, and it’s risky. But it is what a protagonist would do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)