Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case


Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case by Kristen Painter

The first sentence from each chapter of Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“I knew the minute I walked into my father’s office, this wasn’t going to be one of those friendly father-daughter, how’s-life-treating-you conversations.”

“Nocturne Falls was crazy.”

“I lugged my groceries back in three reusable bags that I bought at the store after realizing I’d filled the conveyer belt with more stuff than could easily be carried in paper or plastic.”

“The Ryde driver pulled into a parking lot filled with high-end foreign sedans and a couple of higher-end sports cars, then rolled to a stop in front of a set of rusty double doors.”

“I woke up unable to move my head and had a small panic attack until I realized Spider was sleeping on my hair.”

“At four fifty-five, I met Owen and Buttercup, who was pretty much the exact opposite of my mental image of someone with that name.”

“After three glasses of moscato apiece, Juniper and I called it a night, thanked Cooper (who’d generously paid for all six of those drinks), and headed home.”

“I let the topic rest.”

“I was so distracted by the thoughts in my head that I almost went down to meet Cooper without my purse.”

“I ended up twenty minutes early, but better to look eager, right?”

“I froze for a split second, then turned my phone off and went to the door to find out if I was about to get busted.”

“A chance at the elevator was the only reason I agreed to let Cooper carry the basket all the way up to my apartment.”

“The only thing that stopped me from getting to work earlier than I did was a round of texting with Greyson to finalize our evening plans.”

“Dinner was at a little French place called CafĂ© Claude.”

“I jumped onto that elevator with all the speed my little elfy self could muster.”

“Dr Pepper was really the only thing keeping me upright behind the counter the next morning.”

“I got back to my apartment around nine, filled with pizza and thoroughly entertained by the handsome Mr. Hardy and Juniper’s stellar companionship.”

“Feet stomped, like someone knocking dirt off their shoes.”

“The sun showed its face when I was about two blocks from the apartment.”

“Cooper, being Cooper, got our server to pack everything up to go, and as a result, we were back in my apartment and I was pacing the floor with a double bacon cheeseburger in one hand while I tried to think.”

“I slipped inside and let the door close behind me.”

“Four hours, three sheriff cars, two ambulances, and one very unhappy vampire later, the ordeal was over.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)