Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Review - Crosstalk

Crosstalk by Connie Willis  

* Received via NetGalley for review


My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“No, I’ve got just the thing. An app that translates what you say into what people want to hear. I text you, ‘You’re an idiot to be having brain surgery for any reason, let alone for some infantile notion that it’ll bring you true love,’ and the phone sends it as, ‘Wow! Trent asked you to get an EED! How romantic!’ I call it the Hook, Line, and Sinker app.”

Never underestimate the power of a good book.”



2 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

I have a love hate relationship with this book. I was actually actively disliking it until about 40 percent through it. It just felt like a lot of set up for not a lot of pay off. The main character Briddey is not very likable at first and well rather annoying. For a lot of the book I would really have wanted the point of view to be anybody but her, anybody. (I think I really would have loved the book if it had been from C.B.'s point of view.)

The twists could have been a lot more twisty. I experienced a lot of no duh moments waiting for the main character to catch up. This was disappointing because It not usually any good at seeing twists coming. These were all very telegraphed except for one towards the end.

The telepathy part is when the interesting finally kicks in. The explanation and what they can do is confusing but still intriguing.

The bad guy is pretty obvious from page one but the slow building of a relationship starts to shine through. By the end I found myself curious about where the characters/what the author would do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)