Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Review - Wax

Wax by Gina Damico

5 out of 5 gnomes

I love how this author’s mind works. All of her books are weird squared with a side of wonder, whimsy, a pinch of horror and more than a touch of dark humor. I mean just look at the cover of the book, I love it. You may never look at or smell a candle the same way again after finishing this book.

This story is great, the humor and tone of it all hits all the right buttons. Everything is written so it’s easy to visualize all of the insanity going on. I think this book would make for one heck of an interesting movie.

Poppy’s character might seem a bit to perpetually perky at first but she really did grow on me. Once you find out why she’s this way you’ll root for her a lot more. I liked her view of the world and how positive she was even when things started going completely bonkers.
Her and Dud together are so funny. Dud is a very quick learner and unintentionally hilarious for most of the book.

This story went to a lot of unexpected places and I loved the whole mythology/fantasy of it all. I mean just look at the tagline on the front of the book. “EVIL HAS MET ITS MATCH.”

That ending was perfect and really made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)