Monday, September 28, 2015

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Dumplin'

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

“If I could avert my eyes from all the kissing people ever, I’m positive that my life would be at least 2 percent more fulfilling.”

“I mean, if this were, like, 1642, my wide birthing hips would be worth many cows or something.”

“The world fat makes people uncomfortable. But when you see me, the first thing you notice is my body. And my body is fat. It’s like how I notice some girls have big boobs or shiny hair or knobby knees. Those things are okay to say. But the word fat, the one that best describes me, makes lips frown and cheeks lose their color.”

“...on the eighth day God created ranch dressing.”

“It’s not that I don’t like new people. It’s just that, in general, I do not like new people.”

“I have the manners of a cat in a box of bubble wrap.”

“I guess it’s an awfully big sky not to share.”

“Television saves lives.”

“Maybe’ cause you don’t always have to win a pageant to wear a crown.”

“I’m doing this because I want to cross the line between me and the rest of the world. Not be someone’s savior.”

“That day was, like, realizing for the first time that the religion your parents subscribe to doesn’t work for you.”

“Just ‘cause something’s easy doesn’t make it right.” He lets the chain go and I kick my feet out into the stars.”

“This in-box full of unopened messages is the truest reminder that we are temporary fixtures in a permanent world.”

“We dance slow to fast songs and fast to slow songs, creating our own rhythm.”

“I’ve been real lost without her. Like, she was this compass I didn’t even know I had.”

“Because life is not a river and we’re not all headin’ in the same direction.”

“There’s some kind of peace that comes with knowing that for every person who is waiting to be found, there’s someone out there searching.”

“Oh my God,” says El. “I think you might be my spirit animal.”

2 comments:

  1. This is a good book to quote from! I had a lot of the same ones marked in my copy :-)

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is. :) Nice, this book is chock full of awesome quotes/lines.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)