Thursday, May 31, 2018

Review and My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Trials of Apollo: The Burning Maze

The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan

5 out of 5 gnomes

Oh, this series makes me laugh, cry and pretty much every feeling in between.

It feels both dark yet light at the same time. I know there has been death in this series and Riordan's books before but this book really hurts. I think it hurts so much because it will make you feel like just maybe none of the characters are safe.

Yet the humor and heart is still there too. I continue to feel that this series will forever alter the characters from previous series and this series too.

It feels like there's no way this ends well/happily for them but I'm continually surprised in each book. You'll find yourself just caring so much about these characters and not just the main characters, all of the characters. 

The characters and their quest will draw you right into the story.

Once again I adore this series and can't wait to see what happens next.
________________________

My Favorite Quotes/Lines

“Pretty sure?” Meg asked. “Like last time, when we walked into a bathroom and surprised a Cyclops on the toilet?”

“May the gods defend me from heroes with duct tape. And heroes always seem to have duct tape.”

“TRY THE FRAGGLE ROCK!” I yelled. “Fragaria,” Meg corrected. “WHATEVER!”

“Don’t think about it, I told myself. Dreams aren’t necessarily true. No, I answered myself. Only the bad ones. Like those.”

"That could be my life motto, I thought: He takes a lot of damage."

"The longer I was mortal, the more affected I was by even the smallest loss. I hated being mortal."

I tried not to weep or wet my pants. I succeeded at one of those. I’ll let you decide which.

"With the goddess of plants, insignificant-looking things could be very significant."

“The night is young,” she said. “We could all stab him together.”

"I’d never had a scar before. I wished I could see it as a badge of honor. Instead, I feared that now, whenever I looked down, I would remember the worst night of my life."

"I wondered, not for the first time, why we Greek deities had never created a god of family therapy. We certainly could have used one. Or perhaps we had one before I was born, and she quit. Or Kronos swallowed her whole."

"I found myself crying. It was ridiculous. Gods don’t cry."

"I blinked. “Is that an order?” “It’s a promise.”

"Perhaps this quest had ended on a suspended fourth chord. We still had much to do."

"I would be Apollo. I would remember."

2 comments:

  1. I just finished the book. It was really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a quote for the Meliai being more powerful than Caligula.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)