Monday, August 26, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Wrong Girl

The Wrong Girl by C.J. Archer

The first sentence from each chapter of The Wrong Girl, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* ARC received from NetGalley for review.


“To say I’d been kept prisoner my entire life in an attic wasn’t quite true.”

“I didn’t have to open my eyes to know I was in a carriage traveling at a fast clip along a rough road.”

“Uncle August’s rooms take up the entire top-most floor of the eastern wing of the house,” Sylvia said as we hurried up the stairs.”

“I slept more soundly than I’d expected.”

“I awoke as someone laid me gently on a bed.”

“Try focusing inward,” said Jack.”

“The mist rolled in while Jack and I sat in silence.”

Lady Violet, is everything all right?”

“Jack rode with Olson on the driver’s seat on the way back to Hertfordshire, not inside the carriage cabin with Sylvia and me.”

Bollard opened the door on my knock and gave a formal, curt bow.”

Violet?”

“There you both are!”

“Do you think your uncle will allow us to go?”

“You!”

“Langley met us in the courtyard on our arrival.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)