Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Poppy

Poppy by Riana Lucas

The first sentence from each chapter of Poppy, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* ARC provided by the author for review


“I was summoned to the Unseelie King’s Throne room.”

“I make my way to my quarters to pack a small bag and gather the things I will need for the mission.”

“When I step through to the other side of the portal I am immediately assaulted with the horrible smells and sounds of the human world.”

“I close my eyes and concentrate on feeling the magic around me.”

“I decide to return to the spot where I sent my message to Damien earlier.”

“It is the middle of the night so it is dark and because of the change in atmosphere, the temperature is much cooler here.”

“Before I even open my eyes, I can feel the sun peeking through the tree tops and shining down on me.”

“The Halfling is caught off guard, not only by the sudden appearance, but also by the fact that he is not aware it is Damien.”

“My body tenses as I watch the Faery step cautiously out from behind the tree.”

“Reed?”

“Umm, Poppy?”

“Even though I am bruised and exhausted from everything that has happened over the past two days, I have a hard time falling asleep.”

“I decide to command Holly to follow us for the rest of the journey.”

“I take a step back and angle my body so that I am positioned between Reed and the Seelie Queen.”

“My senses begin to return to me, but I do not stir.”



A Tiny Reverse Vampire Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)