Monday, May 21, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - I, Crimsonstreak

I, Crimsonstreak by Matt Adams

The first sentence from each chapter of I, Crimsonstreak, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book provided by the publisher for review
 
  
"I’d like to say I’m a mutant."

"I think it’s been three years."

"A few days, a few passed notes, and a few secret meetings later, we’ve got a plan."

"In the distance, alarm klaxons wail from the Institution."

"Ah, the current state of the world."

"So this is your secret lair?"

"Times Square shouldn’t be a ghost town devoid of tourists, vagrants, and other assorted street urchins."

"That’s a terrible idea,” the kid says, leaning back in his chair as Morty and I try to formulate a plan."

"Ah, my own celebrity."

"I’m not much for drinking or hallucinogenic drugs."

"Jaci sure knows how to treat a man."

"Two of you in the same house?!"

"The same high-speed elevator that brought me to the High Imperator’s chambers takes me down several levels."

"Look who’s back,” Warren says."

“How much time do you think we have?”

“This place sure is overgrown,” Dad says."

"The curls of black smoke billow more slowly outside the Clermont Institution for the Criminally Insane, the damage clearly done here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)