Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

The first sentence from each chapter of
The Immortal Rules, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so
:)

* ARC provided by the publisher for review

"They hung the Unregistereds in the old warehouse district; it was a public execution, so everyone went to see."

"People will tell you that it's impossible to leave New Cov-ington, that the Outer Wall is impenetrable, that no one can get in or out of the city even if they want to."

"A pounding in my skull brought me back to reality."

"Allison," Mom said, putting the cushion beside her, "come up here."

"Fragments of nightmare plagued my darkness."

"When I awoke next, I was alone, lying on a dusty cot in one of the old hospital rooms."

"In the weeks that followed, my nights settled into a routine."

"One night I woke up, alone as usual, and wandered down the hall to Kanin's office, only to find him gone."

"I jerked awake, hissing and baring my fangs, the nightmare ebbing away into reality."

"That first night, I walked through trees and brush and tan-gled undergrowth, shaking my head at the vastness of it all, wondering if it would ever end."

"The bodies were still there, stiff and waxy, when I rose the next evening."

"The next evening, I woke up groggy and a bit disoriented."

"There's something strange about her," Ruth murmured."

"The plains couldn't go on forever."

"When I awoke the next evening, I felt...different."

"No!"

"We stared at each other, frozen in time."

"They were waiting at the edge of the woods, blank eyes shin-ing through the rain, watching me with the unblinking stare of death."

"I jerked awake in the darkness and immediately knew some-thing was wrong."

"Well, it's a good thing you were wearing a helmet, isn't it?"

"ZEKE!"

"I didn't encounter any resistance as I made my way to Jackal's tower, probably because everyone was preoccupied with the burning building."

"Well, well," Jackal purred, smiling as he came into the room, shutting the door behind him."

"The Floating Pit was in full blazing glory when Zeke and I left Jackal's tower, a huge fireball burning against the night."

"Blissfully, my sleep was free of nightmares this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)