Friday, April 8, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Princess for Hire

Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt

The first sentence from each chapter of Princess for Hire, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Highlighted parts cover minor spoilers :)



"If my life were made into a movie—The Desi Bascomb Story Revealed—I'd use artistic license to make a few minor changes."

"I would have walked out right then, but I'm not a quitter."

"What I love about my dad: when he picked me up from work that afternoon, he took one look at my still-puffy eyes, and without saying a thing, drove straight to Taco Bell and ordered me two burritos and a gordita with extra baja sauce."

"Calm down!"

"On the outside, the bubble was translucent, the kind that emerges from a little kid's bubble wand."

"I followed Meredith through the open part of the bubble wall, ending up on a tiled bridge in what looked like the courtyard of an old European city."

"Earthquake!"

"Lilith guided me into the classroom, a perfect mix of the modern outer reception area and the royal charm of the tower."

"Meredith waited for me in the hallway."

"The next two days weren't easy."

"What a rush."

"There's a reason sports bras are made out of tight-fitting Lycra and not eagle feathers."  

"Tree spirits?"

"Desi."  

"I raced through the parking lot for the next seven minutes, trying to blow off some of the adrenaline pumping through me."  

"Luckily, no one saw my arrival."  

"When we got back, Nana Helga tore open the frost-filled freezer and slapped two frozen dinners on the counter."

"The brunch invite came the next morning via a foot-man."

"I was seriously getting paid for this?"

"Nana Helga was outside pulling weeds when we drove up to the house."

"I shielded my eyes."

"Meredith didn't say a word to me as we zoomed away in the bubble."

"I stood in a cavernous room with curving stone walls."

"I swallowed."

"Almost drown?"

2 comments:

  1. ...okay, you had me at "eagle feather sports bra."

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate, Yeah, that's a great line :) This book is a fast/funny read and has some great characters. I stayed up reading it until after 2 in the morning and didn't regret it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)